Lir's ugly daughter.....or Swan lake only Green-

Knitting, Spinning and family dementia

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Something New to me

I was sitting chatting with the ladies from my Saturday group. We get a bit loud with the laughing etc. But, I noticed we all got real quiet. Why was that?? They have background music playing most of the time. Today was mostly French probably from Debs vacation to Paris but something was playing that was different. I asked Victoria who it was so she went over to check and when she told me .. everyone in the room whipped out a pen to write the young mans name down.
Now.. Most of you don't know that I used to be a folk singer in the 60's and 70's..Haven't done much with it in years. I also have a passion for anything Celtic or folk music from the UK. So when I started researching this song I found the young man is from Scotland..you can hear his brogue in some of his music..anyway.. found an older YouTube before he cut his hair. Love my guys with long hair.. sigh Gonna embed it.. hope it works.

This is Alexi Murdoch.. the song Orange Sky

No comments: